As surprising as it may seem, I’ve been nominated for an award; believe me, no one is more shocked than me.
So shocked in fact that it has taken me over a month to accept and follow up my nomination for The Mystery Blogger Award from the hugely talented Jamie over at The Comic Vault; thank you and apologies for the belated response, I’m a massive fan of your writing.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by the wonderful Okoto Enigma, who I’m sure we can all agree can describe the award better in her own words, than I ever could, so without further ado:
“The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion”.
Put the award logo/image on your blog
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me (ugh, how very self-centred of myself)
- I’m probably the biggest Harry Potter fan you shall ever meet. No, seriously. I’m that annoying person who just quotes both the books and films in general everyday conversation and then gets frustrated that you don’t understand the reference.
- DISNEY IS LIFE. Similarly to my Harry Potter obsession, Disney films are my happy place and they make me feel at home no matter where abouts in this vast universe I may find myself.
- I’m currently an MA Linguistics student at The University of Westminster and as such love everything about this flawed language we all use to communicate.
My Five Things to Answer
1.What author or book has inspired you in your daily life?
J.K. Rowling. I used to hate reading and writing up until being about 11 years old when my Dad bought me a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. It was this book that founded my love for all things written, and I will never be able to express how much Rowling’s writing has meant to me.
2. What character in books, films, comics etc do you connect with the most and why?
I’m assuming this means the type of characters I feel more pulled towards in terms of characteristics and if this is the case, then I would have to say I always find myself most closely reflected in those characters who share my sarcastic traits; the Ron Weasley’s and Ron Swanson’s of the world. The fact that both are called Ron is nothing but a coincidence.
3. If you could be any kind of animal what would it be?
A sloth. What’s not to love? You get to sleep all day long and just hang out in a tree.
4. What is one of your fondest childhood memories?
The first time I remember meeting Mickey Mouse in Walt Disney World Florida when I was around 10 and my dad putting on a Mickey Mouse voice for the remainder of the day, just to shut me up probably.
5. (Weird one) What’s your favourite Leonardo DiCaprio film?
The Wolf of Wall Street
These are the people who, I, personally, think are phenomenal in their field and deserve recognition:
My Questions to You
Who’s your all time favourite actor?
What’s your favourite type of film genre?
Who’s your favourite Director and what’s their best film to date?
If you could see any film early (before its release date) this year, what would it be?
Pirates or Wizards?
My Best Posts
Fifty Shades Darker Film Review
Thank you everyone for all your continued support, it’s much appreciated.
Peace out and continue to explore cinema.